Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Flying Home To California

    Zev and I had booked our flight from Cancun to Los Angeles because I had left my car and van in Southern California and we had to get them back to Mendocino in Northern California. I arranged to drop the Jeep off at the airport so we drove it there, dropped it off and hopped on the plane.
    Wow what a trip it has been! So many new friends and memories as well as incredible places visited. This trip has really sparked my interest in seeing the rest of the world and what it has to offer.
 
     We landed in LA and my good friend Erik picked us up and we stayed at his place the night then he drove us to Santa Barbara where I got my BMW and drove to Lake Nacimiento where my van was parked. Zev took off in my car while I drove my van all the way back home to Mendocino. It's so great to be back but im itching for a new adventure now............


 Ever since my accident my dirt bike has been behind a dumpster in Puerto Escondido and this has always been in the back of my mind. I planned on my shoulder getting better and me being able to ride it home but that is not happening so I need to figure out another way to get it home, and soon.

Update on bike: After I got home I was getting emails from the hotel where my bike was saying if I did not get it in a week they were throwing it away and I would never see it again. Out of desperation I put up a post on a motorcycle website explaining my situation and how I needed someone to fly down there and ride it back to California for me. I did not expect any positive response but what do  you know the next day I get a email from a guy named Nick in Detroit who says he would be glad to ride my bike back for me! This was a amazing stroke of luck and I took him up on it no questions and bought him a ticket from Detroit to Puerto Escondido, MX. 
     Long story short he made it all the way through Mexico in a little over a month and I met up with him In San Fransisco where he flew back to Detroit. Really worked out great and I cant thank him enough. He went through hell to get it back but had a amazing trip for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment