Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Recovering from ¨The Great Loss of 2009¨ part 2

When we started this trip Shane and I only had the registration cards for our motorcycles because we had purchased them just before the trip and the DMV hadn't issued us titles yet. Once Shane lost his registration we decided it would be a good idea to have our titles mailed down, so that we both had the same paperwork to show border officials. This would of course not be without issues.

The owner of the hostel told us there was a DHL office up by the market, so we had our titles sent from home to be held at the DHL office. Overnight shipping from California still took about 6 days, but we were also waiting for the passport so this wasn't a big deal. Once the online tracking said they were at the DHL office, Shane and I walked into town to try to find the DHL office, we got directions to 3 different places, and never found the DHL office. Once back at the hostel, I emailed my buddy back home and he called DHL and got me an address.

The following day I got in a cab and showed the driver the address, he said no problem, 25 pesos, and we took off. The streets and building sin alot of Mexico aren't very well marked, Puerto Escondido is no execption. Eventually I was convinced we found the correct address, and of course there was no DHL office there. This is what I found at that address.















Another email and phone call and it turns out our paperwork is sitting at the office in Huatalco, about an hour ride south of Puerto.

No comments:

Post a Comment