Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 6 (2-10-09)

Get up about 8am and ride around town and find a breakfast place. Grab a beer and Mexican eggs and head off. We see 4 other adventure riders on the side of the road and stop to say hi. I tell them about a weird noise my bike it making which I think is a bad main bearing. I replicate the noise by revving it up and they look it over and see its just a loose bolt on the skid plate. Huge relief as I thought it was serious. Maybe I should look better next time, lol
We get to Mullehe about 30 miles down the road and go to the beach. The place is awesome with palm trees everywhere its like a little oasis. Me and Shane grab a Margarita on the beach and head back into town when I realize one of my shoes has fallen off the bike. I go back and look for it but no luck. While looking for it I talk to some girls from Germany tell us the good places to stay. Back in town I see some shoes for sale under a tent and score some sweet skate shoes for 120 pesos. Back in business.
We leave town and head south and the views we see of the gulf are incredible. Crystal clear tropical blue water and white sand beaches. We stop at a couple beaches and see some dolphins jumping in the water.

The road is very curvy and fun as well. I could spend a long time here but we are on a schedule to get to Cabo. Get into Loredo and run into Clay and Kyle at a taco restaurant. We grab some tacos and beer and go to find a hotel. Find a really cool little place that's a lady's house converted into a hotel. Lots of character and we have the place to ourselves pretty much.
Then we wandered town until we found a bar and got some very over priced margarita. Back to the room for some drinks and onto the shady strip club we have heard so much about oh yes. Shane showed up the girls on the pole with his skills I tried my luck at pole acrobatics and failed.
Kyle got a surprise lap dance from fat Claudia and it was all out hilarity. I believe I spent way to much money but it was in pesos so it doesn't count. Hilarious night!

No comments:

Post a Comment