Saturday, March 21, 2009

3.20 Roatan Island, Honduras



I wake up to my alarm at 730am and see another guy across the room in another bed, we say whats up to each other and I ask where he is going and he says I dont know. He asks me the same and I tell him I am going to Roatan Island to meet up with some friends, wanna come? Hell ya he says, he is super stoked and we jump in a taxi and head to the ferry terminal. His name is Peter from Austrailia, very cool and funny guy. You will be hearing of him more later.

We buy our tickets and get on the ship around 930 and sail off into the open sea's.

As we pull into the island we are both blown away at how awesome it is. Lush tropical jungle with crystal clear water and the entire island is surrounded by the 2nd largest living reef in the world. There are ship wrecks in the water near port that look very cool as well



We step off the boat and are so excited to be here, this atmoshphere is what ive been waiting for the whole trip. You can feel the Carribean Island vibe.

Last I talked with my friends they said they were at a hotel on the beach and to find them somewhere there, so we taxi it into town and get dropped off on a amazing beach along a little dirt road laced with small hostels and fruit smoothie stands. I ask someone if they have seen a really tall guy and a buff guy and they point down the beach. There they are! I run over and get some celibratory hugs and just bask in the amazingness of this place. I am instantly treated to a lounge chair on the beach with a bunch of Noregian girls and a cold beer. Yes I have arrived!






We all kick it on the beach for a while and then go grab some super good chicken wraps. Dam this island is expensive, but worth it fully I can already tell. Lauren gets a bottle of Flora De Cana Rum and we mix up some drinks with about 9 other people and just chill out and swim for most of the day. Lauren and Zev both work at the local cantina and decide to have a bonfire and music party behind the cantina. We go out back and clear out a area for the fire and set up seating for everyone.






By now it is almost sunset so we all cruise over to the sunsetter bar and meet up with everyone and chill out with some drinks and watch a picturesk sunset


Back to our cabin by the beach to get ready for the night. A bunch of people show up at the bon fire and we hang out there and listen to live music by lauren and some other musicians from all over the world, was a good time.



When the bar closed we walked about 5 minutes down the road to a dance party and things got crazy.






You could say Peter was very drunk by this point and was busting out the craziest dance moves ever. He had a differnt dance for every animal in the jungle and even had a dance dedicated to me "the dislocated shoulder" lol.




He was seriously hyphy and pumping everyone up till pretty soon everyone was going nuts. I almost died laughing, I really wish I had my video camera. Other unmentionable things happened that all led to a great night! I love this place, I dont think I can ever leave.

2 comments:

  1. What a great night indeed! Peter was a fantastic dance instructor...I especially enjoyed The Tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roatan is AMAZING! I spent a few weeks there in 2007 and I can't wait to go back. Your pictures made my night!

    ReplyDelete