Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 31 3/7/09 Zihuatanejo to Aculpoco

I was seriously contemplating leaving my bike in Mazatlan at Glenn's and flying home to heal my arm and then fly back later and get it but decided to keep going and just take it easy until it feels better. Jeff is now riding my XR and I am riding his KLR. We left Zihuatanejo around 11am and headed south to Aculpoco. The ride went well and my shoulder only hurt mildly until we got into Aculpoco and the traffic was just a mess. Moving at slow speeds and turning the handle bars while not moving puts alot of strain on my shoulder. We got past the traffic and onto the Beach Area and found our Hostel. Great place with a big bar and terrace overlooking the ocean and the most people our age we have seen since Cabo.
^^^ View from hostel on main strip

We walked around town for a bit and checked out the scene it looks pretty crazy. It is spring break here so tonight could get out of hand, to be continued....

Update from last night. Wow where to start. First of all EVERYONE we talked to said don't go to Aculpoco it sucks you wont have fun its dangerous...blah blah blah.
Ended up hanging out at the hostel until about 1am and then going out. Haggled our way into a huge club called Paradise with open bar all night. There were probably about 1500 people there and the place was going nuts. I have never been to a actual spring break event like on TV and it was pretty much exactly as I expected. Wet T-shirt contests, huge swimming pool, girls in bikini's...ect.
It was spring break for all the colleges in Mexico so it was all Latin people besides us and a few other guys from Chicago and Canada. I mentioned earlier how we were always getting shy provocative looks from all the local girls on the trip and didn't know what to think of it exactly until tonight. They were not shy anymore, it was almost comical. Our Spanish is still very bad. I guess it doesen't matter. Not going to get into details but it was one of the best nights so far. Were out until the sun rose and it was still 75 degree's out the whole night.

I didn't sleep at all and got back to our hostel at about 8:30am and met back up with Shane and Jeff. It was about 100 degree's out by now and we packed up and left town.

1 comment: