Saturday, March 14, 2009

day 36/37/38

Yesterday we moved out of our hotel and into the hostel down the road. I rode my XR over there and it was hell on my shoulder even for only a 2 minute ride. We check in and the room is much nicer then we expected and a whole new group of people have moved in along with a few from days earlier. One of the girls who is a nurse convinces me to see a doctor again about my shoulder so I find one who happens to be a shoulder and joint expert. He looks me over and I tell him our story and he basicly said I would be a idiot to continue riding without letting my ligaments heal because they are all torn. He also said I would need surgery for sure when I got back and I would be out of commision another 6 months. So I have a decision to make.
We go out that night with the whole crew and im sure by now you know it was a interesting one. I wont get into it now but jeff will post the pics later as I lost my camera and his memory card reader the other day. doh!

BIG UPDATE
Today I make up my mind that I am going to leave my bike here in Puerto Escondido and fly to Honduras to meet up and travel with my life long friends from Mendocino, Zev and Lauren. My last trip to Nicaragua and Costa Rica, Zev and I traveled together and had a blast. Im sure this time will be no different. So tenative plans for me from here on out are to travel around Central America with them and let my shoulder heal for a month or two, then fly back here when Shane and Jeff are on their way back from Panama and ride back to California with them. Im sure we will all meet up again multible times somewhere along the way. I am really bummed I cant keep riding with them the rest of the way but I think this is my best option and a smart decision I will be thankful I made later in life being able to have a fully functioning shoulder.
We are going to continue the blog with both me and Jeff posting our stories and pictures on our seperate adventures until we meet again.

1 comment:

  1. So, it sounds like you learned, but next time make sure you say "Quetzals, NOT dollars" They will be happy even if it is less. Also, this is awful but before lunch is the best time to bargain.

    ReplyDelete