Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 35 Douchel Robinson

Shane and Jeff wake up really early to ride 150 miles to Oxaca to try and get a new passport for shane while I chill in Puerto Escondido. The ride ended up taking them 6 hours each way and was twisting at 20 mph for most of the trip. Elevations reached 9000 feet 30 miles from the coast and it got very cold. They found the US Consulate and did all the neccessary paperwork and were told to call back on thursday and they would tell us when we could come get the new passport.

Meanwhile I met up with some of the Austrailian guys from the hostel and we went swimming in the ocean for a bit and got some smoothies down on the beach and just kicked it.
Went over to the hostel and met everyone there and was cooked a amazing meal by a guy from Isreal named Tom. The group of about 10 of us sat down and had a nice dinner and drank wine and talked of plans for tonight.

Then somebody busted out the Wine Coolers, oh ho ho ho! You ever rode that train? It...is...rough. You have about 70 of those and you are flying! lol. In all seriousness I went back to our hotel and grabbed our big bottle of tequilla which we were told was one of the best in mexico and we passed around shots to everyone until it was time to go out.
Jeff and Shane showed up right on time and met up with us at a local bar where everyone was. I ended up bringing the rest of the bottle into the bar and was pouring shots for everyone again. The owner saw me doing it and gave me a thumbs up, I love mexico. As I am carrying around a huge bottle of tequilla, not wearing a shirt and having girls hang all over me I came to the realization that I may have become one of the douche bags that we always make fun of. When we looked at the pictures the next day, the douchness of myself was revealed and confirmed. lol

6 comments:

  1. Yes the hat cocked slightly to the side is a sure indicator of douchiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...you just became "That Guy" ;) Lots of cuties down there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! Super Douche with his cocked hat rockin the bottle. My coworkers really enjoyed this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I didn't know you, I would probably hate you for being that guy. But instead I wish I was there passing out the shots! Let me know what your status is. I am ready to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everybody dies, Not everybody lives. Enjoy yourselves to the max while able. Really enjoying follow you guys about on your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete